Monday, May 14, 2012

Makeover Monday

Today's Makeover Monday features a familiar face...Stacy Jacobson, my friend who I'm realizing is as big a makeup junkie as me.  You've seen Stacy on Channel 12 as a reporter, and more recently as an anchor.  She's always up for a new look and isn't afraid to wear bold & bright colors, so I knew she'd be perfect for this new look that I wanted to try.  I am never the first one to embrace a new trend, but even I can't deny that the bright orangey-red matte lip is finally growing on me.  In fact, I myself have been wearing a dark eye and pale lip for more years than I care to admit, and I'm getting ready to make a big change and try to rock this lip myself.  

First, the inspiration...
Here is Stacy's before...
And, here are her afters...

 To achieve this look, I tried to use a lighter than usual undereye concealer.  In fact, I did concealing as usual, matching it to her face, but then I went back and tried to lighten it up a bit.  I also used some orangey and then pink blushes to really brighten the cheeks.  I used a white shimmery highlighter on the inside corners or eyes and under the brows, as well as on the top of the cheeks.  
 I also worked in this order: undereye concealer, eyelid primer, foundation, more highlight under eyes, cheeks, lips, and then eyes.  For eyes, I stayed very neutral, with a pale yellow base, twig (taupey-brown) contour and then mixed a little mink (shimmery copper) on lid and into contour, which stayed pretty light and neutral on Stacy.  I pressed sable (black) shadow into her upper & lower lash line, but kept the line thin.  The focus is really on the lips and then the pop of color on the cheeks.
 We tried to go for the slightly disgruntled pouty lipped pose as seen on the model above, but Stacy is just too smiley and not enough disgruntled ;)
This is a great look for summer!  I encourage you to step out of your comfort zone, whatever that may be, and give this a try!

Thanks, Stacy!  If you haven't already, don't forget to like Stacy's news page on facebook.  She is great about keeping her loyal viewers/readers updated frequently on breaking news!


No comments:

Post a Comment