Friday, January 6, 2012

Vitamins & Supplements



If any of you had ever been to my house and looked on top of my microwave, you would know that I am a vitamin & supplement junkie.  You have a symptom, I have a solution.  I am going to share with you some of my favorites.  My mantra in 2011 was, "Don't get sick, especially around the holidays."  I have noticed a pattern that, when I am extremely stressed out, I always get really sick.  Anyways, on to the good news.  I credit the Wellness Formula supplement as being the catalyst for my good health.  I'll give you fair warning, it tastes HORRIBLE!  But, you'll reap the health rewards if you take it and follow the directions.


Other favorites include:
L-Lysine- this is a great supplement to take if you ever suffer from fever blisters or the herpes simplex virus.  
Eminence Clear Skin-this contains acidophilus and other ingredients that really keep my skin clear.  I definitely notice an improvement in smoothness, less inflammation & irritation, and my acne scars are actually healing.
Magnesium glycinate- I got turned onto this mineral supplement when listening to my favorite podcast Dishing Up Nutrition, which you can find in iTunes.  You can take this at night, or after a rigorous workout.  It really helps "chill you out."  I love it when that feeling sets in and my whole body relaxes.  It's also supposed to help restless leg syndrome.
Reacted Zinc- another mineral supplement, many people are deficient in zinc.  If you have chocolate cravings, chances are, you have a zinc deficiency.


Again, I am not licensed to dole out advice, but I am just sharing some changes I've made in my supplement intake that have made a big difference in my energy level, endurance, and immunity.

1 comment:

  1. I feel soooo much better when I am taking vitamin and supplements. It is a new way of life that I welcome!

    ReplyDelete